One airline describes “Ego Maturity” as: A sound level of self-confidence with an overriding graciousness.
Not much help, is it?
Ok, what it really means is… Everyone has an Ego. You need one in order to back yourself and to function in the world. There are however, egos that are immature and egos that are mature.
The Immature Ego might look like this:
Sign up for the One Great Stoty newsletter
The story you shouldn’t miss today, selected by australian’s editors.
- Defensive when makes mistakes
- A right-fighter, needs to be right all the time
- Does not take direction well
- Sulks or becomes aggressive in communication style
- Repeats mistakes or does not learn from the past easily
- Does not listen
- Blames others
- Does not show empathy
The Mature Ego might look like this:
- Likes to mentor and support others
- Sees other peoples point of view
- Seeks to learn and improve
- Leads by setting a great example
- Not afraid to do the little jobs as well as the big ones
- Has a high degree of self knowledge
- Admits faults and mistakes
- Takes responsibility for their actions
- Creates solid relationships
- Focuses on solutions
I hope that helps, I cover this in detail in my new book “The Albino Chameleon” register here to be one of the first to get your copy: http://www.thealbinochameleon.com/